The vision of the Dhammachai International Research Institute of New Zealand and Australia (DIRI) involved with the Original Teachings of the Buddha.
To be a leader of Buddhist studies, for excellent objectives, research in the trace of the Original Teachings of the Buddha, educate all sentient beings to understand the truth of life.
The Mission of the Dhammachai International Research Institute in 2000. The DIRI does research into Buddhist Studies. Its main aim is to seek out and establish the teachings and practices of the early Buddhists. Its objectives, therefore, are as follows.
1. To cultivate the students to become experts who specialize in the trace of the Original Teachings of the Buddha which has been recorded in both doctrinal records and Buddhist iconographies.
2. To become an Early Buddhist Research Institute that provides the teaching of Buddha in both theories and practice.
3. To collect Buddhist manuscripts, Buddhist iconographies, Buddhist inscriptions from around the world.
4. To become the centre of Buddhist studies
5. To preserve the pure teaching of the Buddha which involves particularly with Meditation practice.
6. To correspond, and make connections with the scholars around the world.