DR JENS ERLAND BRAARVIG
PROFESSOR OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Professor Dr Jens Erland Braarvig
Professor of Religious Studies at the Department of Cultural Studies and Oriental Languages at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- Bibliotheca Polyglotta, internet application for historical multilingual studies and comparative philology, of which the Thesaurus Literaturae Buddhicae is a part;
- Edition of ancient Buddhist manuscripts;
- The project Multilingualism, Linguae Francae and the Global History of Religious and Scientific Concepts;
- The Cambridge Handbook of Human Dignity (now recently completed), further research on the topic planned;
- Edition if the Bodhisatvapiṭaka, a Buddhist text from the 2nd century A.D, with editorial team; Bibliotheca Polyglotta.
- War and Dignity in Classical Indian legal, epic, philsophical and religious literature.
Emeritus Professor in the History of Ideas
Emeritus Professor in Indian Studies
Professor of New Testament
Professor of Eastern Archaeology
PROFESSOR IN SOUTH ASIAN BUDDHIST STUDIES
Associate Professor of Asian Religions
Expert in Meditation/healing in Buddhism.
Expert in Southeast Asian Religion
Academician of the Royal Academy of Sciences